Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Year!!

Okay, so its valentines day and me again this year with yet another hope, with fluttering eyes asked my hubby the same question- "will you be my valentine??" and as usual he made a sidey face and didn't even bother to react!!  Anyways guys, Happy Valentines Day!! 

Just like every girl, even i would love if my husband takes me out on a romantic candle light dinner or takes me for a ride in a hot air balloon just to see what it feels like being on cloud nine, or spend quality time relaxing in some spa!!  I have seen people doing all kinds of crazy, lovey - dovey things for their partners and how i wish if even i was amongst those lucky ones!! Since even i am not a die- hard romantic person myself,  i cant expect that my husband would be even 1% of it. But I will have to admit this time that this is one of the very few things in which me and my husband agree. Even i feel that you don't need a special day to express your feelings. Its just gained hype due to commercial reasons. Its not that on this particular day you feel more loved or you love the other person more. Love should be in the air throughout the year, throughout your life!! As they say, Each Day u love the person more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow!! 

Actually rose tinted happily-ever- after images in fairy-tales and romantic fiction spoil us for the real thing. Pre-conceived notions and expectations ensure disappointment even with the best. We are so sharply focused on the expectations that we sometimes fail to evaluate or appreciate reality.  We all have good or bad facets and there can be no one person who is perfect in all respects. When i look at our parents or grand parents , even after decades of their marriage, they are so much in love with each other. Moms have this habit of looking adoringly at their husbands even after some petty fights and Dads are in a constant state of adoration for their wives in spite of all the differences. I refuse to believe that in such long period they haven't had problems or haven't seen the worst of each other. But they have chosen to focus on what they love and try to change on what they don't like about each other. Hope even we can follow their footsteps!! 

I read somewhere- Love doesn't make the world go round, Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.  So I hope the journey of my life as well as my loved ones is also full of love and each day of the year becomes Valentine's day!! 

But as of now, since Myra is here, both me n hubby-chubby would love to celebrate a full day of good sleep rather than valentines day!! ;-)  . You guys carry on with your celebration of LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment